Wednesday, March 5, 2008

152 More Days to Go!!

So, Tom came home on February 22nd. I went and picked him up at the airport, then we stopped and got a bite to eat, came home and were asleep by 7:30. When we woke up on Saturday morning, there was a huge red poster that said, "Welcome Home Tom. On the first night of Tom's return his true friends did to him....We took the poster down only to find that our car had been saran wrapped and duct taped. Another night, we were sent on a scavenger hunt, we got a candy gram with all of the wrappers, but no candy inside, then on another night, they dropped off all of the candy that they dumped out of the packages. So...whoever did that, thank you. It was quite fun to wake up to little surprises like that.
For the most part, it was great to have Tom home. I will admit though, I think that we both kind of had our guards up knowing full well that he was leaving again, and this time we wouldn't get to see eachother at all until August 5th. I had a major breakdown before we left our house for the airport. My eyes were welling with tears while at the airport. I didn't cry on the way home from the airport until my mom called me to ask me how I was doing. I didn't cry at all today which is good. I am extremely sad to get back into my routine without Tom. August 5th just can't come soon enough.
Luckily March, April and May are guaranteed to go by extremely quickly. This is the time that I get all of the awards assemblies ready and wrap stuff up at school to prepare for another year. I am a little worried about June/July. I am hoping to get a para-educator job for the summer, then my friend Twyla and I are looking forward to our trip to California and Bass Lake/Yosemite. I will get home on the 28th of July, start work again on the 1st of August, and then Tom will come home (hopefully for good) on August 5th. Well, that about wraps up my update. I can do this...one day at a time.

No comments: